Look At Your Neighbor & Say, Level Up!
Happy August everyone! Where has the time gone? It was just yesterday that January lasted a lifetime, and now we are into August! This Wednesday, I wanted to revisit goal setting! I know some of you are like, "Really Kiera? Goals...AGAIN?" but I cannot stress ENOUGH how important it is to set CONSISTENT goals for yourself on a regular basis. Whether you tell yourself, okay. I am going to do one load of laundry by the end of the week. That's a goal! It's something! Sometimes I find myself reaching the middle of the year and ask myself, "What am I doing? What am I supposed to be doing?" We lose sight of those goals and resolutions that we set for January, that we start to forget about them when we reach the middle of the year. I am here to tell you, I am right there with you! Those 10 pounds I said I would lose and that "snatched" body I said I would have by summer AIN'T HAPPEN. Still got rolls, still got the FUPA, AIN'T NOTHING CHANGED honeyyyy. BUTTTT. Yes, there is a but. I still encourage everyone including myself to keep those goals alive! Stop procrastinating and GET TO IT! Start small, but don't be afraid to go big! Goals should be continuous; a constant cycle of rebuilding and pushing yourself! As you kick off your August, and for my Leos, helloooo Leo season, check out below my favorite ways that I like to follow through with my goals! Happy reading :)
Push Through, Follow Through!
1. Divide & Conquer: MAJOR KEY...Divide your goals into a set of small, achievable steps. Pick one step, do it well, and move on to the next step! Don't look back! Set yourself up for success!
2. Put Fear In Its Place: There will be scary moments when failure knocks at your door, and seems inevitable and all of your goals seem impossible, but guess what? DO IT ANYWAY! It's life! Don't let failure be the reason you stop shooting for your goals. Go for it! Ask yourself, what's stopping me? Why haven't I reached my fullest potential. Don't get in the way of you!
3. Expect Setbacks: Remember, a minor setback is only going to set you up for a major comeback! Setbacks are part of the process, not the end of it. Don't be discouraged when you don't meet your goals! Revisit them, revamp them, and RESET them! Rededicate yourself to your goals after each and every setback. One of my favorite sayings is, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
4. Learn Along the Way: Keep the practices and tools that work and get rid of the ones that don't! If it ain't broke, don't fix it, but if it's broke, find a way to learn from it and fix it! Unexpected challenges only open opportunities to learn new skills!
5. Shout It From the Rooftops: Tell someone who matters! Write it down! Record them in your notes on your phone. Whatever it takes! Find a way to keep those goals close! Do the unexpected! E-mail someone big and brand yourself! Apply for a job you're not qualified for! Revamp your resume! Pledge to make your goals a reality.
Welcome to the launch of my new book blog! Thank you all soooo much for reading and I can't wait to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments! Enjoy! :)