Happy Wednesday! Welcome back to another week! I hope that you made it through your week stress-free, less broke than you were last week, and wine IN TOW for the weekend! Because we got such a great response from our #BookTingsTALK session last week, we decided to keep the conversation flowing and the vibes going with this week's topic: MONEY! Now, we all know that money is usually a really stressful topic, but we are going to make it fun. I know you're probably thinking, "Oh yeah she would want to talk money when rent is due this week, and baby Lil Gunz daycare fees are due, and I have to buy new 24's for my hoopdie, and oh yeah, I need to file taxes or get cousin Earl to take them to the corner store for the low. Thanks Kiera you horrible biotchhhh!" Hey, money doesn't have to be that way! I LOVE a good discussion, and I am currently listening to You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth x Jen Sincero via audiobook, and I must say I LOVE IT! I am usually not a big fan or audiobooks because it becomes really easy for me to wonder off, or think of other bazillion things that I can be getting done, but this audiobook is so good! It has really deconstructed my crazy beliefs about money to the point of WHOA BABY, and did I mention that it literally feels like I am having a hilarious conversation with my bff listening to this book? YES! If you are not familiar with this author, I feature her debut novel, You Are a Badass as my Reading Between the Wines November book club pick!
In You Are a Badass at Making Money, Jen will launch you past the fears and stumbling blocks that have kept financial success beyond your reach. Drawing on her own transformation—over just a few years—from a woman living in a converted garage with tumbleweeds blowing through her bank account to a woman who travels the world in style, making seven figures per year, this book is an excellent read for anyone looking for some financial advice and has a set on ready sense of humor. Jen uses her own economic transformation to teach you what’s truly holding you back from making real money. Jen will help you stop letting your doubts, fears and excuses get in the way and show you how you too, can be as wealthy as you want to be. To get a lot out of this book you need to have an open mind and be willing to change your mindset and forget a lot of what you’ve been told! She explains the importance of knowing your deepest desires and how to start taking action. This isn’t your average how to make money book, this book really focuses on your mindset, thoughts and beliefs. This book also teaches you how to get real results. The results we all are looking for! One of the reasons I love this book so far is that it really teaches you various factors that can hold you back from making all the money that you can earn. For example, this book discusses: giving your doubts, fears, and excuses the BOOT, how to relate to money in a new, open-minded, and positive way, how to shake up the cocktail of creation, ways to tap into your natural ability to get rich, shape our reality—stop playing victim to circumstance (JUST DO IT!), and lastly, to get as wealthy as you wanna be! Sounds simple right? Let's stop fearing money, and let's kick some financial ass! (Corny? WHATEVS haha you know what I mean!) So BOOM! Let's talk about it!
Broke Phi Broke:
1. Do you believe in creating monthly budgets?
2. What are some obstacles you face when managing money?
3. What are your financial goals this year?
4. Do you have an emergency fund? If so, how much do you believe should be saved for emergencies?
5. Thinking back to your childhood, how were finances discussed in your home?
6. Now, as an adult, what is a healthy view of money?
7. How did religion or church influence your attitude towards money?
8. Should married couples have a joint account? If so, do you believe in asking your partner permission to withdraw money from this account? (We can't forget the classic Martin episode-Lockin Boots haha!)
9. Do you believe in splitting household bills in relationships?
10. If money had no limit, what would you be doing?
11. Do you believe that all couples should have pre-nups?
12. What are your thoughts about debt consolidation with your partner?
13. Is poor money management a deal breaker for you in a relationship?
14. What is one thing you know now about finances that you wish you knew in the past?
15. What is more important? Money or time?
16. Do you discuss lending money to others with your partner? Is there a limit to how much you can give?
17. I will be a badass at making money by ______________.
Feel free to share, like, comment, repost! Also, make sure to follow us on @thebookspotbykg on Twitter and Instagram as we dive into this week's questions/thoughts! When answering this week's questions, don't forget to hashtag #BookTingsTALK! I can't wait to connect with all of you! Are there other money questions that you can think of that I didn't mention? No problem! Comment below and I will be sure to feature them during our live chat! Tune into our Twitter page tonight at 7pm for our fun live discussion! Thank you so much for reading :)
Enjoyed Today's Post? Check This Out!