Where We Talk Book Tings & More!
Happy hump day readers! I hope this week has been zenful and STRESS free because guess what? Friday is two days away, so hang on! Thank you so much for reading with me, and today I wanted to introduce our NEW #BookTingsTALK! Now I don't know about you, but I LOVE a good discussion on great reads, music, wines, mindfulness, controversial topics, and MUCH MUCH more! I wanted to create a fun place where we can talk about the good, the bad, and the ugly right here. If I haven't learned anything else this year so far, it is to step out of my comfort zone, and that is what we will be doing here, and guess what? That's okay! This is a safe space, and we are going to have fun, share opinions, and connect with one another. Because Shook One x Charlamagne tha God is my book of the month, and Girl, Wash Your Face x Rachel Hollis is my Reading Between the Wines book club pick of the month, let's dive into these two reads! They both tackle different topics: mental health and self-love/discovery, which goes hand in hand! It all starts with the mental. If your head isn't in the game, your body will not follow suit, which is why mental health and self love matters. If you haven't read Shook One x Charlamagne, first of all, YOU ARE MISSING OUT, and secondly, it is a GREAT read that "elevates the conversation surrounding mental health, especially in the hip-hop and black communities." Girl, Wash Your Face x Rachel Hollis is another AMAZING read, that tackles the twenty lies and misconceptions that too often hold us back from living our best lives! This read teaches you how to live with passion and hustle, and how to still love yourself when all bets are off. So BOOM! Let's talk about it!
1. What does loving yourself look like?
2. How does loving yourself affect the way that you love others?
3. In Girl, Wash Your Face, Rachel discusses that as women, we emotionally abuse ourselves. Do you believe this to be true? Why or why not?
4. Do you believe that if you are constantly making and breaking promises to yourself, that you are not making promises at all. You’re simply just talking? What promises will you keep for yourself this year?
5. On a scale of 1-5 with 1 being poor, and 5 being excellent, how would you rate your mental health right now?
6. What fills you up with meaning and passion?
7. In what ways do you need to shift in order to step into your higher self?
8. In Shook One, Charlamagne talks a lot about the tremendous impact that therapy has on improving his mental health. Do you see therapy as a positive form of mental wellness?
9. What negative energy are you consistently allowing in at this moment?
10. Dear self, you are _______________.
11. What do you value about yourself?
12. Today I affirm __________.
13. Is there someone you turn to when you feel your mental health shifting?
14. Whom do you need to forgive?
15. Where does your hurt stem from?
16. What positive changes have you made so far this year?
17. What are your favorite forms of mental wellness/self-care? Share!
Feel free to share, like, comment, repost! Also, make sure to follow us on @thebookspotbykg on Twitter and Instagram as we dive into this week's questions/thoughts! Make sure when answering this week's questions, you hashtag #BookTingsTALK! I can't wait to connect with all of you! If some of the questions are too deep for you to share openly, please feel free to email me personally, as I am always a listening ear! Remember, no battle should be fought alone, and to always keep self-care at the forefront! Thank you so much for reading :)
If You Loved This Post...
N A M A S T E.